- North Bend, the first stop in Oregon's "Bay Area", has many ways to entice you:
- Windsurfing near the historic McCullough Bridge or bird watching among the interpretive artwork
along the Pony Point Walkway.
- Viewing the Coos County Historical Museum at Simpson Park or shopping at the Coast's largest enclosed
- Coos Bay is the Coast's largest urban community and a major wood products shipping center.
- Well known for its myrtlewood and diverse activities in beautiful surroundings.
- Fish for chinook and coho salmon in the Coos River or the ocean.
- A short side trip takes you to Charleston, a charming fishing village situated on the Coast's
- Nearby you'll find the Cape Arago Lighthouse and three state parks.
- Sunset Bay State Park offers a protected swimming area and a scenic campground. Floral gardens at
Shore Acres State Park are beautiful year round and Cape Arago State Park is a superb spot for whale
North Bend Bridge
Shore Acres State Park