- With miles of sandy beach and plenty of wind, the city has claimed the title
of Kite Capital of the World.
- Oregon's first factory outlet shopping center has become a major attraction.
- In the Taft district you'll find the city boat dock on Siletz Bay. This is a
popular spot for anglers, crabbers, and windsurfers like the water here also.
- The Drift Creek Covered Bridge, is the oldest covered bridge in Oregon.
Depoe Bay & Otter Rock
- Depoe Bay is the world's smallest harbor, and the community is clustered
closely around it.
- A Coast Guard station is on the east side of the bay, and each Memorial Day
those lost at sea are honored at the Fleet of Flowers ceremony.
- The highway passes close to two spouting horns, rock formations that turn
crashing waves into plumes of water.
- Newport has a diversified local economy, that includes fishing, tourism,
research and development, and the arts.
- Explore the Oregon Coast Aquarium, a slice of Oregon's rugged coastline,
reproduced on the shores of Newport's Yaquina Bay. Presenting more than
190 animal species that thrive in the unique habitats found where the
Pacific Ocean meets the Oregon shore.
- Try a whale watch tour with Marine Discovey Tours on their 65 ft. vessel,
Yaquina Bay Lighthouse
Marine Discovery Tours